Food Safety is governed by the Food Safety Act 1991 and regulated by FSANZ. Chapter 3 of the Food Standards Code covers the rules and regulations around food safety.
There are five standards that are of particular importance for Food Handlers and Food Safety Supervisors. They are:
- Standard 3.1.1 Interpretation and Application
- Standard 3.2.1 Food Safety Programs
- Standard 3.2.2. Food Safety Practices and general requirements
- Standard 3.2.3 Food premises and equipment
- Standard 3.3.1 Food Safety Programs – Service to Vulnerable persons
This video is an excerpt from the AIFS Food Safety Supervisor course and provides an overview of the Food Safety Act 1991 and each of FSANZ’s five food safety standards.